Soap Nuts (Soap Berries) are a gift from Mother Nature; a sustainable natural resource that grows wild (from sapindus trees). The dried fruit produce a "soap" (saponin) - the ultimate 100% natural laundry detergent and cleanser! It leaves your laundry clean and fresh. So gentle, they are superb for delicate fabrics. They are very effective in removing soil and odors while leaving fabrics soft and absorbent. If you have allergies, are sensitive to commercial chemicals and fragrances, have MCS, or just want to do your part for a healthier green earth, soap nuts are the answer.
- Hypoallergenic, fragrance free, eco-friendly and biodegradable
- Low sudsing - perfect for high efficiency (he) washers
- Free of synthetic chemicals, fillers, toxins, dyes and perfumes
- Ideal for cloth cotton diaper laundering
- Imported only from Fair Trade, Co-op suppliers
Use as raw nuts, powder or in liquid form
Raw Soap Nuts (traditional method):
- Put 5 to 6 soap nuts or equivalent amount of pieces, (about 1/2 ounce), in muslin drawstring bag. Tie bag securely.
- Toss directly into washing machine before adding clothes
- Remove from washer at end of wash. Allow bag to dry unless doing another load. You may remove them prior to the rinse cycle to extend usefulness. They are not harmed by drying in the dryer.
- Re-use 4 to 7 times
- Note for cold water: Soak soap nuts in a cup of hot water for a few minutes to expedite saturation. Pour water & bag in the laundry. Or simply allow to soak longer during pre-wash. Contrary to what some think, raw soap nuts work fine in cold water. Being very well saturated is the key. See "T